Your Soul Wise Compass

~Tame the Inner Chatter
~Calm Your Emotions
~Ground Yourself
~Elevate Your Spirits

Soul-Wise Living

The Magic of Double Rainbows & Their Meanings

I had the most amazing experience last week that I was not looking forward too. It takes slowing down to appreciate.

I was NOT supposed to have to drive into the office ~ it was a work at home day. My office is an hour away from home and when I found out in the morning that I needed to go in ~ not to see a client but to take care of a necessary loose end ~ I was not too happy. I was racing around. But, none-the-less, off I went. I did my deed and turned around to come home and this is what was waiting for me:

AMAZING!!!!!!! No, I did not drive and take the picture. I’m so grateful that someone else was able to capture this beauty.

I love rainbows and their beauty. Of course, the image of a pot at the end of the rainbow helps enhance that! But, A Magnificent Double Rainbow !!! Oh Boy !!

A Double Rainbow Symbolizes a transformation in life. The first rainbow represents the material and the second the spiritual. No doubt that is why we stop to admire it’s beauty. It’s meant to help us align both our outer world with our inner spirit. I knew this but was also curious to learn more.

I found this on a site (http://basicfengshui.net):

“In Chinese culture red is symbolic of the feet and violet represents the head. So a Primary Rainbow can be seen to illustrate a human descending from heaven. As stated before, the secondary arc in a Double Rainbow has reversed colors so, since the red is on the bottom and the violet is on top, the human figure is ascending from the material earth to the spiritual heaven. Therefore seeing a Double Rainbow is considered a very auspicious occasion and a reason for reflection and meditation.”

I grumbled about heading to the Island for work but I now see WHY I was supposed to go so that I could see this Rainbow. You see, Truth be Told, I was moving way too fast on this day….having to add 3 hours to an already jammed schedule.  I’m heading off for two weeks to a retreat to SLOW DOWN, reflect and embrace new information. And, I was going TOO FAST getting everything ready for the trip. I didn’t know how I was going to get everything done. So I got the ANSWER in the WRONG Place ;-)   So, I came home reflecting all the way and then, meditated. This is what I got: That what will get done will and what won’t won’t matter.  So,  that’s WHY it was put in my path….to begin the slowing down process now. And, that slowing down gave me the insight to write this as I travel!

Do you have a picture of a double rainbow? I’d love to see it ~ post it to my pinterest board or my FB Fan Page!

IF you were to see this rainbow, and indeed you are virtually and it has been put into your path today, WHAT does it mean to you? And, if you say you don’t know, then “If you knew what it was supposed to mean, what do you think it’s meaning is?

27 Comments »

1. Just had to let you know – saw a double rainbow yesterday, from the window of the Hospice room of my beloved husband as he prepared to cross over. Very symbolic for me. He passed away this morning. My soul mate is on the next step of his adventurous journey. Blessings.

Laura Clark Reply:

Cindy ~ thank you so much for taking the time to share this as your husband grew his wings today. No doubt the rainbow at this time made love & light come to all of you. Sending you a huge warm hug to help comfort you during your healing time!

melody Reply:

hiya
    i saw rainbow the other day..a beautiful double rainbow. and i have photos

Laura Clark Reply:

I’d love to see them Melody!!! You can pin them on pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/laurasoulwise/double-rainbows/ or post to my FB Fan page: https://www.facebook.com/soulwiseliving>

I bet they were beautiful!!

Comment by Cindy L — October 15, 2012 @ 4:42 pm

2. Thank you! Spirit guided me to your blog and I am so glad :)

Comment by Cindy L — October 15, 2012 @ 7:50 pm

3. Hi,

We have very similar stories! Thanks for your article. The other day I was processing some really hard memories of the past. I really didn’t want to “Go There” in my Heart & Mind but I knew that the only way to break free from the past was to go through this process.

I cried a very long time. I really didn’t know what to do. I even questioned God. Finally, I went to sleep from exhaustion. When I woke up, I walked to the other side of my house and looked out the window and ‘”WOW!” There was the BIGGEST & Brightest Rainbow in the sky that I have EVER SEEN. I rain down stairs with my phone to take a picture.

When I went outside, I quickly realized that the rainbow was too BIG to fit inside of ONE PICTURE! So, I took a video. When I looked thru my phone’s camera, I saw that it was indeed a DOUBLE RAINBOW! Oh, my Goodness! It COMPLETELY TOOK MY BREATHE AWAY!

I have NEVER experienced ANYTHING like that before. Looking back now; I believe that it was GOD telling me (RIGHT IN MY FACE) that I would NEVER have to go thru that particular PAIN that I remembered, faced & dealt with again in my life time.

What a WONDERFUL MOMENT!

Thanks for sharing your story!

Laura Clark Reply:

Jill! thanks so much for sharing your story here. What a phenomenal realization ~ signs are around us all the time!!!!!!! KEEP SMILING :)

Comment by Jill — October 16, 2013 @ 7:53 am

4. […] I can only hope that this is a good sign and having a quick look around it seems that the symbolic meaning behind double rainbows is one of a transformation in life.  I came across this bit of information on a website called Soulwiseliving:  […]

Pingback by Another Day-Before Double Rainbow! – StressMeKnot — October 31, 2013 @ 7:50 pm

5. I had a rough summer and wanted to go to an event in Utah sponsored by Glenn Beck. That might not be your crowd. But it was an outside event that I knew I would dig. It was on the 4th of July 2013. This is not a good day for me anyway because of a dear friend I lost. So, I didn’t get to go to the event on the 4th of July and I was sad about my friend that had passed several years ago. I was out in my yard late afternoon working in my flower and vegetable gardens and I looked up and saw a double rainbow. I ran inside my house and grabbed my phone and took a couple of shots and immediately sent them to about 4 different people who have nothing to do with each other on purpose in case I was dreaming.

Later, the next day I found out the event in Utah I did not get to attend had bad weather and almost the same time it cleared up they got a double rainbow the same time I did. I call it a DBL ROY G. Biv! I felt something extremely powerful from it.

Laura Clark Reply:

That’s a beautiful story and no doubt powerful for you ~ thank you for sharing!

Comment by Copacetic_Cindy — December 25, 2013 @ 11:40 pm

6. Wow, you are so blessed!
    On the eve of New Year, I was at the church for midnight watch.
    Our pastor said that the year 2014 is the year of double rainbow, double harvest and double blessings!

Happy New Year to you and your love ones :)

Laura Clark Reply:

Interesting……I had not heard that Irene ~ will have to go research it~~ THANK YOU!

Comment by Iriene — January 1, 2014 @ 10:57 pm

7. Yesterday I saw a double rainbow, it was the first time for me. These are GODS signs for us, the things He has created. April 2014(Passover) and Oct.2014 The feast of tabernacles there will be two blood moons appearing in the sky, along with a full eclipse in March. The exact same occurrence will happen in 2015 on exactly the same jewish feast days. In the past when this has happen significant things happen regarding Israel, in 1948, 1967. I’m a born again Christian and attend a Messianic fellowship, Christ will be returning and HE calls us to be ready for the rapture of HIS church. Check out You tube on blood moons, this is not only biblical but straight from Nasa. If you want to correspond contact my email Flgman@cfl.rr.com. Praise GOD and have a blessed Day.Gerard

Laura Clark Reply:

I love it when spirituality meets religions and we can all see the Glory in Signs!!!! KEEP SMILING

Comment by Gerard — January 6, 2014 @ 9:47 am

8. I had to put my german shepherd to sleep today he was so special not long after coming out of the vets I saw a beautiful double rainbow he gave me a sign

Laura Clark Reply:

Debbie ~ I’m so sorry for your loss. I, too, have experienced this loss for myself recently and, while no one’s experience is ever the same, I know that grief is your’s now and am sending you lots of love. It is amazing how a dog’s love and messages can transcend time. I’m sure his spirit will guide you in the future as well. <3

[Reply]

Evening I don't usually share my thoughts but I saw your message and I had to put my beloved dog to sleep last Saturday - I could see the pain in his eyes. The day before my children and I saw an Amazing double rainbow could the two have been connected ? Reply:

Evening I don’t usually share my thoughts but I saw your message and I had to put my beloved dog to sleep last Saturday – I could see the pain in his eyes. The day before my children and I saw an Amazing double rainbow could the two have been connected ? Thank you

Laura Clark Reply:

I k now how hard it is to let a pet pass forward, eleanor, as I have done so myself. No doubt, the rainbows were guiding you!

Comment by debbie clark — January 22, 2014 @ 8:15 pm

9. Today for the second time in 3 weeks on a Saturday my son and I saw a double rainbow. Our first was three weeks ago on a Saturday around the same time and then again today a Saturday. I’m really superstitious and believe it must mean something

Laura Clark Reply:

Lisa ~ the power of three ~ mind, body , spirit. It’s about expansion and expression…..look at the meaning of the 2x rainbow with that in mind. So wonderful!!

Comment by Lisa — February 15, 2014 @ 2:42 pm

10. I am going through a hard time right now. I was on the verge of tears, I looked out the back window and saw a double rainbow. I feel special & loved.

Laura Clark Reply:

So sorry to hear about your difficult time, Leslie. Signs are always given to us. When we slow down and see them during times of challenge, they do give us such peace. Let me know if I can support you in anyway. HUGS!

Comment by leslie — May 15, 2014 @ 9:27 pm

11. I am coming back from 2 bad years, recovering from a car accident, almost losing my dad twice and the man that I love moving out of state and not being able to see or talk to each other very often. But that is not why I am writing. This Feb, I started on a journey to take back control of my life and things I can control. I have been gaining strength, not only body but spiritually. I was struggling financially and I said enough. It is my time to change my destiny. I was doing good and then doubt crept in. Just when I needed it a double rainbow appeared. I always thought rainbows are Gods way of saying it is going to be alright. I am on a great journey of discovery both in my material and spiritual world. That was a wonderful affirmation that I am on the right path. I also have a picture to remind me God has always has my back and it will all work out!

Laura Clark Reply:

Am so very glad your path was gifted with this sign and that your journey gets stronger each day. If I can support that, please let me know and KEEP SMILING :)

Comment by Mary — June 1, 2014 @ 6:45 pm

12. last night I saw a double rainbow. The sun was out & it started to rain so I expected to see a rainbow & was excited to find a double :) Just a little bit ago I was sitting here sending distance healing to a friend. When I was done I looked to my right & there was a rainbow, much brighter than the ones last night. The thing is there is no rain here right now, just a few clouds & sun. It was a nice surprise <3

Laura Clark Reply:

Michelle~ That’s a very special rainbow ~ one that appears because of healing you are supporting and sending!!!!! <3

michelle Reply:

I’ve been sending to him daily for a while & I had already sent healing earlier in the day. I got a strong feeling out of the blue that I needed to send healing right then, you know, that gut feeling that nags you until you listen. I learned a long time ago to listen to that. I don’t always see why, but when I don’t follow that I always see why I should have.

Comment by michelle — July 3, 2014 @ 9:48 pm