During this season of hustle and bustle one very important thing you need to make a priority, is YOU!
Many folks I know neglect this priority all year round… and it only gets worse this time of year when we’re faced with seasonal stress, anxiety and angst. I recently was reading a blog and what I realized was that the holidays tend to highlight the areas of our life where we aren’t currently happy…
If you often feel overwhelmed, disorganized, or lack setting boundaries on your time given to others, during times like holidays, these realities in your life are only magnified because so many other “needs and things” crop up. And without a plan or daily organization people are often even more stressed.
As a matter of fact, the American Psychological Association (APA) found that nearly half of all women in the United States experience heightened stress during the holidays, which puts their health at risk.
Today I want to give you a special kind of To-Do List. One that is all about taking care of you.
15 in 15:
1. Close your eyes and rest
3. Dance to your favorite music
4. Enjoy a hot cup of tea or coffee uninterrupted
5. Walk with no purpose
6. Talk to the flowers, trees and birds (if you listen closely…they talk back)
7. Sit by the lake, pond or ocean
8. Sit and just “take in” all the beauty around you
9. Look at the cloud formations + see what you discover
10. Count your blessings
11. Doodle or scribble in a Journal
12. Watch your children play and laugh
13. Write in your Gratitude Journal
14. Sit and just Breathe… On purpose
15. Go for a run and keep running til your tired
While I was writing this post, I also decided to get my kids in on the action and asked them what they would do? How would they relax and just “BE” for even just 15 minutes…
Jack said he would Climb a tree and just sit…
Emma said she would just lay in her bed, relax and read…
This week (and every week!) Give yourself the gift of time and:
- What are your favorite things to do for yourself? Things that just allow you to “BE” with a calm, quiet free mind??
- How often are you doing this? Are you doing this consistently? Giving yourself this gift?
- How can you add this to your “To-Do” list?
Let us know how you infuse “me time” into your daily life? Or where you have forgotten to do so… Don’t be hard on yourself if you don’t, just start adding it in to your “to-do” list…